Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Place for EVERYTHING???...Uh Will My Classroom EVER Be FINISHED?!?!?!?

Hey everyone!
OK...I feel the need to express a tiny amount of frustration with my classroom and classroom supplies with you. Here is the issue people...I have been in my classroom for the last 3 days  trying to put my  life  classroom back together after the summer break. Apparently, I had amnesia of how long it was going to take to finish decorating and organizing my room. Right about now....I'm feeling EXHAUSTED and OVERWHELMED! Not to mention I have to sit in a 6 hour PD tomorrow which means no classroom time for me.

I know what you're thinking? "That's how ALL teachers are feeling at this time!" Yes, that is true, however, this time I'm officially on organizing overload! You see, this isn't a normal "class set up" year for me...A few nights ago I was getting one of my personal professional development fixes through blog hopping and pinterest-ing. And I ran across this pinned picture:


Well that pin lead me to an article that led me to write this post. I was magically inspired compelled  to become more organized this year (both at home and at work) after reading an article entitled "7 Habits of Highly Organized People". (Of course I have posted the link to the article HERE, because I would just hate for YOU not to be magically inspired compelled to get organized too!)

To make a long story short (and in an effort not to lose one of my AWESOME 19 followers because of a ridiculously long post) I have been going crazy organizing things and spending lots of money investing in living an organized life for myself and for my students. The part that jumped out at my in the article was having a "place for everything". Arguably, the hardest part of my organizing endeavors...You mean to tell me that I have to get rid of my ever-loving "junk drawer" or "teacher piles" of paperwork?...You mean I can't have a stack of "one day this will be useful" or "I will use that item in a lesson"? All of that was taking sooo much longer than I thought and for a minute I had to ask myself if all of this extra organizing, labeling, color coding, bins/tubs buying will all be worth it...And the answer to myself was YES! It will definitely be worth it!During the year,  I will be less stressed (which will make EVERYONE happier)...and if nothing else, my students may even learn something about being organized as well!

As mentioned earlier...my classroom is not done yet, but here are a few class pics to show you where the mayhem began last week...Can't wait to show you my finished and MORE ORGANIZED classroom in a few days!


P.S. I LOOOOVE the color of this fabric but it has been my worse nightmare trying to staple it to the walls. I tried to be wise cheap with my spending and the fabric that I bought already has a few holes from all the pulling and stapling I was doing (that will quickly be covered with Anchor Charts)..In this pic, I was trying to do a little design with the fabric to cover the holes (it didn't work) I will be sure and show you this wall in my classroom reveal pics later...
 
That's all for now...
God Bless you all!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!
 
-Miss Milton

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Miss Milton! I'm just stopping by to say hi after reading your comment on my Pencils and Magic Wands blog. I'm glad to "meet" another new teacher blogger and also to see that I'm not the only one struggling with organization in my classroom. I like seeing before pictures of rooms so I can't wait to see your after pictures. Take care and wishing you the best this school year!

    ReplyDelete